What is another word for tie rod?

Pronunciation: [tˈa͡ɪ ɹˈɒd] (IPA)

A tie rod is a crucial component of a car's steering mechanism. If you're looking to replace or repair a tie rod, you might come across these synonyms for the same part: drag link, steering link, track rod, or linkage. These terms are all used interchangeably and refer to the same part of the steering assembly that connects the steering knuckles and inner and outer tie rods. Regardless of what term you use, it's essential to make sure that your tie rods are functioning correctly to ensure your car's stability and safety on the road. If you're not sure which term to use when looking for replacement parts, your mechanic or auto parts supplier can help guide you in the right direction.

Synonyms for Tie rod:

What are the hypernyms for Tie rod?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    Mechanical Component, Suspension Component, Vehicle Component, automotive component.

What are the hyponyms for Tie rod?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for tie rod (as nouns)

    • artifact

What are the holonyms for Tie rod?

Holonyms are words that denote a whole whose part is denoted by another word.

Word of the Day

Latitudinarians refers to individuals who hold broad or liberal views, especially in matters of religion or politics. Synonyms for latitudinarians include liberals, progressives, o...