What is another word for ballpoint pen?

Pronunciation: [bˈɔːlpɔ͡ɪnt pˈɛn] (IPA)

A ballpoint pen, also known as a biro or ballpoint, is a writing instrument that uses a small ball to dispense ink as it moves across paper. Other synonyms for ballpoint pen include a ballpen, ball pen or just pen. Other variations include rollerball pen, gel pen, and fountain pen. While all these pens use a ball or nib to write, they differ in ink consistency, flow, and refillability. Rollerball pens use water-based ink, which flows more smoothly than oil-based ink used in ballpoint pens. Gel pens offer a thicker, more fluid ink, while fountain pens use a nib and ink that must be refilled with a cartridge or converter.

What are the hypernyms for Ballpoint pen?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Famous quotes with Ballpoint pen

  • When the ceremony was over, I found The Bear and handed him my diploma along with a ballpoint pen. "What's this for, lamb?" "I want you to sign it, Colonel. I want you to make it official," I answered. "I wan the name of a man I can respect on my diploma, Colonel." He handed me back the diploma without signing it. "There already is, Bubba," he answered. "There already is." And he pointed to my name.
    Pat Conroy

Related words: ballpoint pen benefits, best ballpoint pen, ballpoint pen with ink, pencil vs ballpoint pen, pens vs pens

Related questions:

  • What are the benefits of a ballpoint pen?
  • What is the best ballpoint pen to buy?
  • What is a ballpoint pen made of?
  • What is the difference between a ballpoint pen and a pencil?
  • Word of the Day

    Speckly describes a surface or pattern that is textured with small, irregular spots or marks. Other synonyms for speckly include flecked, dotted, stippled, mottled, and dappled. Fl...