What is another word for Darkener?

Pronunciation: [dˈɑːkənə] (IPA)

There are several words that can be used as synonyms for the word "darkener". The most commonly used word is "dimmer", which refers to a device that reduces the amount of light emitted by a bulb or lamp. Other synonyms include "shade", which is used to block out light, "tint", which refers to a color that is added to darken something, and "blinder", which is similar to a shade but is typically used to block out light from a specific area or direction. Other synonyms for "darkener" include "eclipse" and "obscure". All of these words can be used to describe ways of reducing or blocking out light to create a darker environment.

What are the hypernyms for Darkener?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Guarnieri bodies
Guarnieri bodies, also known as Negri bodies, are distinct cytoplasmic inclusions found in nerve cells infected with the rabies virus. These structures were first described by Adel...