What is another word for Wattled?

9 synonyms found


[ wˈɒtə͡ld], [ wˈɒtə‍ld], [ w_ˈɒ_t_əl_d]

Wattled is an adjective that describes something that has a series of fleshy, ridged, or bumpy folds. There are several synonyms for Wattled such as wrinkled, creased, furrowed, corrugated, and grooved. By using synonyms in writing or speaking, you can avoid repeating the same word over and over again, making your language more dynamic and engaging. While all of these words convey the same meaning as wattled, they each have a slightly different connotation and may be more appropriate in certain contexts. So, consider using synonyms such as creased or corrugated when you want to describe something with linear, regular folds, while furrowed or grooved might be better for something with more irregular or zigzagging ridges.

Synonyms for Wattled:

How to use "Wattled" in context?


There are numerous types of Wattled bugs, but all belong to the family Coreidae. Wasplike in appearance, these bugs are parasites of other insects. The males use their elongated, stinging abdomen to inject a paralyzing neurotoxin into the body of their unsuspecting victim. The bugs then feed off the paralyzed host, who usually dies from the injuries.

There are about 100 species of Wattled bugs in the world, many of which are found in North America.

Word of the Day

pull one's weight
work, pull one's weight.