What is another word for manor house?

Pronunciation: [mˈanə hˈa͡ʊs] (IPA)

A manor house is a historical estate that belongs to a noble family, and it usually includes a large mansion or castle with vast lands and gardens. Synonyms for manor house might vary depending on the context and the specific region or country. Some equivalent terms include chateau, palace, villa, country house, estate, mansion, castle, and manse. A chateau is a French term that typically refers to a large castle or manor house in a rural area, while a palace is a more grandiose term that indicates a royal residence or government building. A villa usually refers to a large, luxurious country house, and an estate is a wider term that refers to the land, property, and buildings of a particular owner.

What are the hypernyms for Manor house?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: greatest manor house, most famous manor house, share of manor house, world's most famous manor house, world famous manor house, most famous manor house in england

Related questions:

  • Where are the best manor houses?
  • What is the home of the lord of the manor called?
  • What is the definition of a man?
  • Word of the Day

    I' faith
    as a matter of fact, betrothal, certain, certainly, chauvinist, conjoin, curse, curse word, cuss, deplorably.