What is another word for manses?

Pronunciation: [mˈansɪz] (IPA)

"Manses" is another term for a large, imposing house or mansion, typically one that is owned by a person of high social status. Synonyms for "manses" include "estate," "manor," "palace," "chateau," "villa," "castle," and "mansion." Each of these words carries its unique connotation, from the grandeur of a palace to the elegance of a chateau. Some other related terms you may hear in describing a "manses" could be "stately home," "country house," or "mansion house." Regardless of the term used, they all refer to a grand and impressive residence.

What are the hypernyms for Manses?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Manses

The ministers are to have their manses, and glebes of six acres; to this many of the Lords assented, except, oddly enough, those redoubtable leaders of the Congregation, Glencairn and Morton, with Marischal.
"John Knox and the Reformation"
Andrew Lang
They had to leave the greater part of their churches, their glebes, their manses; many, literally, abandoning their livings.
"Sketches of Reforms and Reformers, of Great Britain and Ireland"
Henry B. Stanton
Here, of course, they have manses, but in Glasgow they sometimes live in flats.
"Penny Plain"
Anna Buchan (writing as O. Douglas)

Related words: historic manses, victorian manses, country manses, english country manses, manor houses

Related questions:

  • Can you buy a manse?
  • Where can i buy a manse?
  • What does a manse look like?
  • What is the difference between a manse and a house?
  • Word of the Day

    Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell
    Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell (EHMC) is a laboratory measurement used to determine the average amount of hemoglobin in a single red blood cell. Antonyms for EHMC include low hem...