What is another word for cater-corner?

Pronunciation: [kˈe͡ɪtəkˈɔːnə] (IPA)

Cater-corner is a term used to describe a diagonal or oblique placement of something relative to something else. It is also sometimes spelled as "catty-corner" or "kitty-corner." There are several synonyms for this term, including "diagonal," "oblique," "slanting," "tilted," "angled," "inclined," "crosswise," and "across from." These words have slight variations in meaning, but they can all be used to convey a similar idea of something being placed at an angle or diagonally in relation to something else. Whether describing the placement of furniture in a room or the position of a building on a street, these synonyms for cater-corner provide a diverse set of words to use.

What are the hypernyms for Cater-corner?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Non-denumerable refers to a set that is infinite, but not countable. It is an important concept in mathematics and computer science. The antonyms for non-denumerable are "denumerab...