What is another word for control surface?

Pronunciation: [kəntɹˈə͡ʊl sˈɜːfɪs] (IPA)

A control surface is a term used in engineering and aviation, which refers to a mechanical device or surface that is used to adjust the movement or direction of an aircraft or other machine. Synonyms for the term "control surface" include: flight control surfaces, aerodynamic control surfaces, maneuvering surfaces, airfoils, wings, flaps, rudders, elevators, ailerons, spoilers, trim tabs, and stabilizers. All these terms describe various types of control surfaces that are used to regulate the speed, altitude, and direction of an aircraft or other machinery. The choice of the term used depends on the context, but they all refer to the same concept of control surfaces.

What are the hypernyms for Control surface?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Prime Inc. is a well-known trucking company in the United States. When exploring synonyms for "Prime Inc", various alternatives can be considered. One synonym could be "leading cor...