What is another word for noblewoman?

Pronunciation: [nˈə͡ʊbə͡lwˌʊmən] (IPA)

A noblewoman can be referred to as a lady, a female aristocrat, a dame, a peeress, or a gentlewoman. A lady is a more general term that can refer to any woman of upper-class status. A female aristocrat is specific to women who are members of the aristocracy, while a dame is a title of honor for women of distinguished achievements in various fields. Peeress is another term for a female peer, someone who holds a hereditary aristocratic title. Lastly, a gentlewoman refers to a woman of good family, education, and social standing who is polite and refined. These synonyms all suggest a woman of high social standing, grace, and reputation.

What are the hypernyms for Noblewoman?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Noblewoman?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

What are the holonyms for Noblewoman?

Holonyms are words that denote a whole whose part is denoted by another word.

What are the opposite words for noblewoman?

Antonyms for the word "noblewoman" refers to women of a lower rank or social status. Some of the antonyms for the word 'noblewoman' could be 'peasant woman', 'commoner', 'servant girl' or 'proletarian woman.' These women were not born into the aristocracy, and as a result, did not inherit titles, castles, or land. They were often poor and had to work hard to make a living. However, this does not mean that they were any less significant as human beings. Women of all classes have played important roles throughout history, and it is important to recognize and celebrate their contributions to society.

What are the antonyms for Noblewoman?

Usage examples for Noblewoman

The Bishop of London was in especial interested in this heathen noblewoman who had become a Christian.
"The Princess Pocahontas"
Virginia Watson
"Yes, my fair noblewoman, I'll give you the benefit of my instruction-and would do it, even if you hadn't entered the world like Venus!
"The Song of Songs"
Hermann Sudermann
Lilly was quite aware that if she had stood on her dignity as "noblewoman" she would have at once left the studio.
"The Song of Songs"
Hermann Sudermann

Word of the Day

clinched, gnarly, knobbed, knotted, knotty, clenched, gnarled.