What is another word for straight-from-the-shoulder?
[ stɹˈe͡ɪtfɹʌmðəʃˈə͡ʊldə], [ stɹˈeɪtfɹʌmðəʃˈəʊldə], [ s_t_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t_f_ɹ_ʌ_m_ð_ə_ʃ_ˈəʊ_l_d_ə]
Table of Contents
Similar words for straight-from-the-shoulder:
Synonyms for Straight-from-the-shoulder:
adj.• frank (adjective)
- saying what one thinks,
- up front,
- call a spade a spade,
- lay it on the line,
- like it is,
- from the hip,
n.• Other relevant words: (noun)
How to use "Straight-from-the-shoulder" in context?
GQ has come up with a nickname for the "straight-from-the-shoulder" style. It's called The Bro Code, after the saying that men should be "bros before hoes." It's a strong mentality that's all about : taking care of yourself first, being honest, and standing up for what you believe in.
Whether you grew up with it or adopted it, the "straight from the shoulder" style is a solid way to live. It's headstrong, independent, and always looks out for #1.
Word of the Day
- straight-edge razor
- straight-fluted drill
- 's Gravenhage
- (somewhere) in the middle
- s & l
- s & ls
- STRAIGHT-FROM-THE-SHOULDER synonyms at Thesaurus.com
- STRAIGHT-FROM-THE-SHOULDER synonyms and antonyms - Merriam-Webster dictionary
- Powerthesaurus.org - STRAIGHT-FROM-THE-SHOULDER synonyms
- Collins Dictionary - synonyms of STRAIGHT-FROM-THE-SHOULDER
- YourDictionary - another words for STRAIGHT-FROM-THE-SHOULDER