What is another word for Turreted?

Pronunciation: [tˈʌɹɪtɪd] (IPA)

Turreted is a unique word that typically refers to buildings or structures that are adorned with turrets. Often seen on castles and other grand structures, turrets are cylindrical, tower-like structures that jut out from the main structure. Synonyms for turreted can include terms such as towered, battlemented, fortified, and fortified. These words all evoke a sense of majesty and grandeur, as they are typically used to describe imposing and substantial buildings or fortifications. Other possible synonyms might include crenellated, embattled, and ramparted, all of which speak to the strength and resilience of the structure being described.

What are the hypernyms for Turreted?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Turreted

There would be plenty of time for me to walk round by my Turreted place and back by Hampstead Lane.
"The Debit Account"
Oliver Onions
So absorbed was I in my meditation, that I passed my Turreted house without noticing it.
"The Debit Account"
Oliver Onions
One might easily imagine that these sharp pinnacles and rocky clefts were ramparts, embrasures, and Turreted fortifications.
"Among the Canadian Alps"
Lawrence J. Burpee

Word of the Day

chucker-out, bouncer.