What is another word for tumble-down?

127 synonyms found


[ tˈʌmbə͡ldˈa͡ʊn], [ tˈʌmbə‍ldˈa‍ʊn], [ t_ˈʌ_m_b_əl_d_ˈaʊ_n]

The phrase "tumble-down" commonly refers to something that is in a state of disrepair or falling apart. Other synonyms for this phrase include "ramshackle," meaning poorly constructed or dilapidated, "decrepit," referring to something that is worn out or broken down due to age or neglect, and "dilapidated," meaning something in a state of ruin or decay. Other options include "shabby," "derelict," "unkempt," and "broken-down." The use of these words is often to describe old or deteriorating buildings and homes. These terms can also be used to describe a person's appearance or health, referring to someone who looks rundown or unwell.

Synonyms for Tumble-down:

How to use "Tumble-down" in context?

When it comes to jumps, the tumbles down may just be the best. Named after their tendency to send thrill-seekers careening down a hill full of uncertain bouncing and crashing, these adrenaline-pumping stunts are all about throwing caution to the wind. Simply put, a tumble-down is a challenging and dangerous extreme park ride that combines the fun and recklessness of a bungee jump with the speed and excitement of a zip line.

With adrenaline pumping and stomach quivering, tumble-downs are a must-do adventure for thrill-seekers of all ages.

Word of the Day

sticker shock
appraise, bargain, beat down, bottom out, bounce back, cap, cheapen, Capping.