What is another word for honky-tonk?

Pronunciation: [hˈɒŋkitˈɒŋk] (IPA)

"Honky-tonk" is a term that is often used to describe a type of music, as well as the bars and nightclubs where this music is typically played. The word is often associated with country music and is a hallmark of Southern culture. However, there are many synonyms for the word "honky-tonk" that can be used to describe this type of music and the places where it is popular. Some of these synonyms include juke joint, roadhouse, saloon, beer joint, and dive bar. Regardless of what it is called, there is no denying that honky-tonk music and the lively venues where it is enjoyed remain a beloved part of American culture.

Synonyms for Honky-tonk:

What are the hypernyms for Honky-tonk?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

clinched, gnarly, knobbed, knotted, knotty, clenched, gnarled.