What is another word for article of furniture?

141 synonyms found


[ ˈɑːtɪkə͡l ɒv fˈɜːnɪt͡ʃə], [ ˈɑːtɪkə‍l ɒv fˈɜːnɪt‍ʃə], [ ˈɑː_t_ɪ_k_əl ɒ_v f_ˈɜː_n_ɪ_tʃ_ə]

The phrase "article of furniture" is a common term used to describe a piece of furniture. However, there are many synonyms that can be used interchangeably such as "furnishing," "piece of decor," "furnishings," "fixture," or "piece of household goods." These words are often used to describe various types of furniture from chairs, tables, and sofas, to lamps, curtains, and wall art. Whatever term is used, the importance of the article of furniture cannot be understated, as each piece adds an essential element, comfort, and functionality to a home or office space. Whether shopping for antique or modern furniture, the right article of furniture can bring character and style to any room.

Synonyms for Article of furniture:

How to use "Article of furniture" in context?

There is a great deal of debate surrounding what constitutes an article of furniture. Generally, an article of furniture is a small piece of furniture that is not permanently attached to the wall or floor. This can include such things as a chest of drawers, a sideboard, or a cabinet.

The purpose of an article of furniture is usually to provide storage space, and often times it will have doors or drawers that allow easy access to the contents. Some people believe that an article of furniture is only valid if it is used in conjunction with a chair, couch, or other larger pieces of furniture.

Word of the Day

extractor fan