What is another word for ball over?

79 synonyms found


[ bˈɔːl ˈə͡ʊvə], [ bˈɔːl ˈə‍ʊvə], [ b_ˈɔː_l ˈəʊ_v_ə]

How to use "Ball over" in context?

Many people believe that a ball that is over the net Winged is a good stroke. The idea is that, if the ball goes over the net, it is a good stroke because the ball was deflected off the opponents' racket somehow and can go farther. The reality, or at least the justification for why this is a good stroke, depends a lot on the type of ball and how it is struck.

If the ball is a slow, heavy ball that is struck dead center, then yes, it is more likely to go over the net with this type of stroke.

Word of the Day

ace, base hit, bourgeon, burgeon forth, circuit, constitute, duty tour, embed, engraft, enlistment.