What is another word for bed cover?

Pronunciation: [bˈɛd kˈʌvə] (IPA)

Bed covers are used to protect and decorate your bed. There are many synonyms for the term 'bed cover' that can be used interchangeably. Quilt, comforter, duvet, bedspread, coverlet, throw are the most commonly used terms for a bed cover. A quilt is a bed cover made of different fabrics stitched together, while a comforter is a thick bed cover filled with down or synthetic fibers. A duvet is a soft bed cover filled with either feathers or synthetic fibers which requires a duvet or comforter to cover it. A bedspread is usually a decorative type of bed cover. A coverlet is a lightweight bed cover that can be used alone or as an additional layer. A throw is a smaller bed cover that is usually used for decoration and added warmth.

What are the hypernyms for Bed cover?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Bed cover?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
Antonie van Leeuwenhoek was a Dutch scientist and inventor. Many words can be used as antonyms for his name, including ignorance, incompetency, and dishonesty. These words are used...