What is another word for rammer?

Pronunciation: [ɹˈamə] (IPA)

The word "rammer" is mainly used to describe a heavy tool used for pounding or compressing materials into a tight space. However, there are several synonyms for this word that can be used in different contexts. For example, the word "pounder" can be used instead of rammer when referring to a tool used for crushing or pounding something. "Compressor" is another synonym that can be used to describe a tool used for compressing objects or materials. Other synonyms that can be used for the word "rammer" include "stamper", "crusher", "presser", "smasher", and "packer". These synonyms can help to add variety and precision to one's writing or communication.

What are the hypernyms for Rammer?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Rammer?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for rammer (as nouns)

    • artifact

Usage examples for Rammer

Again, as reinforcements crowded over the ravine, they returned to the charge, and with bayonet and rammer the fight surged to and fro within the battery.
"Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War"
G. F. R. Henderson
Within a few feet of it the horse swerved before a brandished rammer, and striking the cheeks of the gun-carriage pitched his inanimate rider across the gun.
"Sally Dows and Other Stories"
Bret Harte
First a number of boards two feet long, and cut to fit the grooves, were slipped down into them, forming a solid wall, and then upon the upper side of these the puddled earth was thrown down into the water, Terence standing below in the stream and pounding down the earth with a rammer.
"On the Pampas"
G. A. Henty

Word of the Day

Compressive Myelopathy
Compressive Myelopathy is a medical condition that occurs when there is pressure or compression on the spinal cord. The condition can cause a range of symptoms, including weakness,...