What is another word for cathode ray tube?

Pronunciation: [kˈaθə͡ʊd ɹˈe͡ɪ tjˈuːb] (IPA)

A cathode ray tube has been an important technology in the history of television and computer monitors. However, as the technology has evolved, so have the synonyms used to describe it. Some of the most common synonyms for cathode ray tubes include CRT, picture tube, video display unit (VDU), and electron gun. Additionally, as technology has shifted toward flat-screen displays, terms like plasma screen, LCD, and LED are becoming more popular. While the cathode ray tube may no longer be the go-to technology for displays, the terminology used to describe it continues to play an important role in understanding the evolution of display technology.

What are the hypernyms for Cathode ray tube?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Compressive Myelopathy
Compressive Myelopathy is a medical condition that occurs when there is pressure or compression on the spinal cord. The condition can cause a range of symptoms, including weakness,...