What is another word for labiovelar?

Pronunciation: [lˈe͡ɪbɪˌə͡ʊvlə] (IPA)

Labiovelar is a term in linguistics that refers to sounds made with the to the lips and the back of the tongue. Some synonyms for the word "labiovelar" include bilabial-velar or rounded velar. The sound is created when the lips are pursed as if making a "w" sound while also positioning the back of the tongue near the soft palate. This sound is commonly found in languages like Welsh and Scottish Gaelic. Other examples of labiovelar sounds include the "kw" sound in the English word "queen" and the "gw" sound in the Welsh word "Gwynedd". The term labiovelar is an important one in the study of phonetics and language pronunciation.

What are the hypernyms for Labiovelar?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: labiovelarization definition, labiovelarization wiki, labialisation definition, labialisation wiki, l-velarization definition, l-velarization wiki, labiopalatalization definition, labiopalatalization wiki, labiopalatalizaton definition

Related questions:

  • What does labiovel?
  • Word of the Day

    mu Chain Disease
    There are no precise antonyms for the medical term "mu chain disease." Mu chain disease is a rare form of lymphoma characterized by the proliferation of immature B-lymphocytes whic...