What is another word for demitasse?

Pronunciation: [dˈɛmɪtˌas] (IPA)

Demitasse is a small cup used for serving espresso or strong black coffee. It is derived from the French word meaning "half cup," and is a popular term in the world of coffee. Synonyms for demitasse include espresso cup, shot glass, small coffee cup, and cortado cup. It is important to note that while these terms may be used interchangeably, they do not always mean the exact same thing. For instance, an espresso cup may hold less coffee than a cortado cup. Regardless of the name used, demitasse cups are a must-have for any coffee aficionado who delights in sipping strong coffee in small quantities.

Synonyms for Demitasse:

What are the hypernyms for Demitasse?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    coffee cup, drinkware, small cup.

What are the hyponyms for Demitasse?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for demitasse (as nouns)

Usage examples for Demitasse

I don't know whether it was the fancy rations, or the sporty crowd around us, or the jiggly music, or a combination of all three; but by the time I've induced Mr. Higgins to tackle a demitasse and light up a seven-inch Havana he mellows enough so that he's almost on the point of makin' a remark all by himself.
"On With Torchy"
Sewell Ford
Now let's see-" He smoked and studied some mental question until Johnny grew restive and finished the demitasse at a gulp.
"The Thunder Bird"
B. M. Bower
Will you have a demitasse or a bowl?
"The Go Ahead Boys and Simon's Mine"
Ross Kay

Word of the Day