What is another word for swage?

Pronunciation: [swˈad͡ʒ] (IPA)

Swage is a term that can be a bit confusing because it has a few different meanings depending on the context. When it comes to metalworking, swage refers to a tool used for shaping and smoothing metal. However, swage can also be used as a synonym for words like press, mold, or shape, all of which can be used to describe the process of forming or manipulating different materials. Some other synonyms for swage might include hammer, forge, or fashion, all of which are verbs that describe the process of shaping or adjusting something to fit a desired form or function. Ultimately, the best synonym for swage will depend on the specific context in which it is being used.

What are the hypernyms for Swage?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Swage?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Usage examples for Swage

And certaynly I thynke that no creature Lyuynge in this lyfe mortall in transytory Can hym self kepe and stedfastly endure Without all spot, as worthy eternall glory But if he call to his mynde and memory Fully the dedys both of his youthe and age He wyll graunt in this shyp to kepe some stage But who so euer wyll knowlege his owne foly And it repent, lyuynge after in sympylnesse Shall haue no place nor rowme more in our nauy But become felawe to pallas the goddesse But he that fyxed is in suche a blyndnesse That thoughe he be nought he thynketh al is well Suche shall in this Barge bere a babyll and a bell These with other lyke may eche man se and rede Eche by themselfe in this small boke ouerall The fautes shall he fynde if he take good hede Of all estatis as degres temporall With gyders of dignytees spirituall Bothe pore and riche, Chorles and Cytezyns For hast to lepe a borde many bruse theyr shynnys Here is berdles youth, and here is crokyd age Children with theyr faders that yll do them insygne And doth nat intende theyr wantones to swage Nouther by worde nor yet by discyplyne Here be men of euery science and doctryne Lerned and vnlerned man mayde chylde and wyfe May here se and rede the lewdenes of theyr lyfe.
"The Ship of Fools, Volume 1"
Sebastian Brandt
The fuller is essentially a spreading tool, while the swage may be termed essentially a shaping one.
"Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II"
Joshua Rose
2855, for example, represents a top and bottom swage for rounding up iron.
"Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II"
Joshua Rose

Word of the Day

Dacoits, also known as bandits or robbers, are individuals who engage in criminal activities such as stealing, murder, and other violent acts. Other synonyms for dacoits include br...