What is another word for turn over?

1553 synonyms found


[ tˈɜːn ˈə͡ʊvə], [ tˈɜːn ˈə‍ʊvə], [ t_ˈɜː_n ˈəʊ_v_ə]

Turn over is a phrasal verb that means to move something so that the opposite side or surface is facing up; to relinquish control or possession of something; to change direction or orientation; or to change one's mind or attitude. There are several synonyms for this commonly used phrase, including flip, rotate, exchange, switch, trade, transfer, relinquish, hand over, surrender, cede, pass on, and alter. These synonyms can be used in various contexts, such as when talking about flipping pancakes, rotating tires, exchanging gifts, switching jobs, trading stocks, transferring ownership of a property, relinquishing power, handing over documents, surrendering in war, ceding territory, passing on a message, or altering one's behavior.

Synonyms for Turn over:

How to use "Turn over" in context?

When you flip a coin, there is a 50/50 chance of obtaining a heads or tails result. Even though the coin flip technically has two possible outcomes, our brains gravitate towards the one that is most probable. This is why it is hard to convince people to do anything that is not 100% guaranteed to succeed. We humans naturally want what we perceive as a sure thing, which is why we are so susceptible to persuasively presented gambles and other types of risks.

The same cognitive bias can be applied to our personal lives.

Word of the Day

dumpy, retrousse, blocky, chubby, podgy, pudgy, pug, retrousse, snub-nosed, squatty.