What is another word for cam stroke?

62 synonyms found


[ kˈam stɹˈə͡ʊk], [ kˈam stɹˈə‍ʊk], [ k_ˈa_m s_t_ɹ_ˈəʊ_k]

Cam stroke is a term used in mechanical engineering that refers to the movement of a camshaft in an engine, which ultimately controls the opening and closing of the valves. While it may seem like a simple term, there are various synonyms that can be used to describe this movement. Some of the most commonly used synonyms for cam stroke include cam rotation, cam movement, cam mechanism, cam actuation, and camshaft motion. Whether you're a mechanic, engineer, or just have a keen interest in engines, knowing these synonyms can help you better understand how camshafts operate and the impact they have on the performance of the engine.

How to use "Cam stroke" in context?

There's really no good answer to the question of what constitutes a "cam stroke." For the purposes of this article, we'll simply refer to it as a stroke that leads to a jump in a player's average MMR.

It's not a new phenomenon, of course - pro players have been using cam skills to jump up the ladder for years - but the rise of mechanical gaming has made cam strokes even more prevalent.

Simply put, a cam stroke is a skill that uses the camera to manipulate the player's perspective.

Word of the Day