What is another word for un-frocking?

Pronunciation: [ˈʌnfɹˈɒkɪŋ] (IPA)

"Un-frocking" is a term that refers to the dismissal or removal of a person from their position, usually a member of a religious order. Synonyms for this term include "defrocking," "disrobing," "stripping," and "ouster." "Defrocking" specifically refers to the removal of a priest from their position, while "disrobing" can also apply to the removal of a judge's robes, for example. "Stripping" implies a more forceful or punitive removal, while "ouster" is a broader term that can apply to any removal from a position of authority. Overall, these synonyms convey similar meanings and can be used interchangeably in most contexts.

What are the hypernyms for Un-frocking?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the opposite words for un-frocking?

The word "un-frocking" refers to the removal of clerical status or privileges. Its antonyms are words that convey the opposite meaning, such as ordination, consecration, induction or elevation. These terms refer to the conferring of religious authority or honor upon an individual. Other antonyms for un-frocking include honorific, veneration, distinction, and reverence. These words imply dignity, respect, and admiration for someone. Using these antonyms of un-frocking in conversation or writing can help to convey a positive tone and show appreciation for individuals who have achieved great things in their religious or spiritual pursuits.

What are the antonyms for Un-frocking?

Word of the Day

Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell
Erythrocyte Hemoglobin Mean Cell (EHMC) is a laboratory measurement used to determine the average amount of hemoglobin in a single red blood cell. Antonyms for EHMC include low hem...