What is another word for transfix?

376 synonyms found


[ tɹansfˈɪks], [ tɹansfˈɪks], [ t_ɹ_a_n_s_f_ˈɪ_k_s]

Transfix, a term which describes the state of being frozen in awe, can be replaced with other interesting synonyms in order to bring some variation in your writing. An ideal word to substitute transfix in a specific context is "mesmerize," which denotes being captivated by something enchanting. You may also prefer the word "enthrall," which indicates being absorbed and stimulated by something fascinating. "Grips" is another word that can be used to communicate being spellbound by something. Other synonyms that can be used instead of transfix include "hypnotize," "stupefy," "entrance," "hold spellbound," and "immobilize." In conclusion, substituting transfix with appropriate synonyms can improve the overall quality of your writing.

Synonyms for Transfix:

How to use "Transfix" in context?

Transfixing can be loosely defined as a state of being entranced by something. It can be a feeling of admiration or fascination mixed with a sense of wonderment, which can be induced by something both beautiful and simple. From ancient times, those who could capture the attention of their audience with their words and performers were thought to be in a state of transfixion. Although the term has come to be loosely associated with simply being sexually captivated by someone, the true definition of transfixing is far more complicated and is based on factors such as mood and setting.

Word of the Day

sticker shock
appraise, bargain, beat down, bottom out, bounce back, cap, cheapen, Capping.