What is another word for fade out?

234 synonyms found


[ fˈe͡ɪd ˈa͡ʊt], [ fˈe‍ɪd ˈa‍ʊt], [ f_ˈeɪ_d ˈaʊ_t]

Fade out is a term used to describe a gradual reduction in intensity or volume, often referring to a gradual reduction in sound or light. However, there are several synonyms for this term that you can use depending on the context and application. For instance, you may use the phrase "diminish slowly" or "taper off" to describe a fading-out sound. You may also use "dissolve" or "vanish gradually" to depict a fading-out visual effect. Other synonyms include "weaken," "die away," "ebb," "recede," "trail off," or "decrease gradually." Choose the right synonym for your intended effect and improve your language skills.

Synonyms for Fade out:

How to use "Fade out" in context?

"fade out" is a song by the American rock band Radiohead, from their seventh studio album, "Hail to the Thief" (2003). It was released as the album's second single on 9 May 2003, four days after the album's release. The song was written by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke and drummer Phil Selway, and was produced by the band.

The song was inspired by Yorke's experience of watching John Lennon's " influential "Fade to Black" video in New York City, and reflect on the power of artistry to evoke strong emotions.

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.