What is another word for compositor's case?

Pronunciation: [kˈɒmpəsˌɪtəz kˈe͡ɪs] (IPA)

A compositor's case is a container used by typesetters to hold individual metal type pieces. It is also known as a type case or a type drawer. Different printing traditions and languages have different names for the compositor's case. For example, in French, it is called a cassetin typographique, while in German, it's known as a Setzkasten. Some other synonyms for the compositor's case include type tray, type holder, font case, printer's tray, and type cabinet. The compositor's case was crucial in traditional printing methods, allowing typesetters to easily access the correct letters, punctuation, and other symbols needed to create printed text.

What are the hypernyms for Compositor's case?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    typesetting equipment, typesetting supplies.

What are the hyponyms for Compositor's case?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for compositor's case (as nouns)

Related words: compositor's case, darkroom compositor, compositor case, best compositor's case, photo compositor, photo size

Related questions:

  • What is a compositor's case?
  • What does a compositor do?
  • What is a darkroom compositor?
  • Is a compositor's case expensive?
  • Do you need a compositor's case?
  • Word of the Day

    Historical Cohort Studies
    The antonyms for the phrase "Historical Cohort Studies" may include present-day observations, cross-sectional analysis, conjectural investigations, experimental research, and prosp...