What is another word for rococo?

358 synonyms found


[ ɹəkˈə͡ʊkə͡ʊ], [ ɹəkˈə‍ʊkə‍ʊ], [ ɹ_ə_k_ˈəʊ_k_əʊ]

Rococo is a term that refers to a decorative style that was popular during the 18th century in Europe. It is characterized by an excess of ornamentation and intricate designs. Some synonyms that can be used in place of the term "rococo" are ornate, baroque, elaborate, extravagant, opulent, and flamboyant. These words describe the style and the era in which rococo was popular. The use of these synonyms not only enhances one's vocabulary but also adds more nuance and vividness to the descriptions and explanations used in discussing rococo art and architecture.

Synonyms for Rococo:

How to use "Rococo" in context?

When we think of rococo, we may think of ornate and over the top designs. But this period of art also had a more subtle side, with compositions that were inspired by nature. This is where the term 'rococo' comes from, which means painted by rocco (a type of bird). This type of art was popular in the late 1700s and early 1800s, and used a lot of delicate detail and soft colors. It was often used to decorate large, expensive objects, like furniture and houses.

Word of the Day

without fear or favour