What is another word for flection?

Pronunciation: [flˈɛkʃən] (IPA)

Flection is a term used in grammar to refer to changes in the form of a word to show different grammatical categories such as tense, gender, number, and case. Synonyms for this word include inflection, conjugation, declension, and morphology. Inflection is the most commonly used synonym for flection, and it refers to the changes made to the endings of words to indicate differences in tense, grammatical number, and case. Conjugation, on the other hand, is used specifically for verbs and refers to the changes in verb forms to show tense, person, and number. Declension is used for nouns and adjectives to denote changes in gender, number, and case. Lastly, morphology refers to the study of word structure and its changes.

Synonyms for Flection:

What are the hypernyms for Flection?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Flection?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

What are the antonyms for Flection?

Usage examples for Flection

It exhibits, also, something of that new growth which was to compensate for the loss of flection.
"Anglo-Saxon Literature"
John Earle
This was the end of the little spur-line, and while the train backed off down the track, staggering across the switch, Ben Connor looked after it, leaning upon his cane just forcibly enough to feel the flection of the wood.
"The Garden of Eden"
Max Brand

Word of the Day

parakeet, paraquet, paroquet, parrakeet, parroket, parrot, parrot, parakeet, paraquet, paroquet.