What is another word for declension?

1563 synonyms found


[ dɪklˈɛnʃən], [ dɪklˈɛnʃən], [ d_ɪ_k_l_ˈɛ_n_ʃ_ə_n]

Declension is a term used in grammar to describe the inflection of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and articles. However, if you are looking for synonyms to use instead of declension, you may try using variations like "conjugation," "case," "number," and "gender." These words describe the different grammatical changes that a word may undergo to indicate changes in tense, agreement, or mood. Another way to convey declension could be through the use of "grammatical modification," which reflects the morphological changes that language undertakes to reflect grammatical changes. By incorporating synonyms into your writing, you can provide clarity and variation, making your writing more engaging and enjoyable to read.

Synonyms for Declension:

How to use "Declension" in context?

The word "declension" comes from the Latin word "declinare," meaning "to decline." English has two gerund forms of the word "decline," "declining" and "declining further." A noun that is in the gerund form is in the "declining" mode. When a noun is in the gerund form, it is in the "declining" mode.

Homophones for Declension:

Hyponym for Declension:

Meronym for Declension:

Word of the Day

sticker shock
appraise, bargain, beat down, bottom out, bounce back, cap, cheapen, Capping.