What is another word for intersperse?

436 synonyms found


[ ˌɪntəspˈɜːs], [ ˌɪntəspˈɜːs], [ ˌɪ_n_t_ə_s_p_ˈɜː_s]

Synonyms for Intersperse:

How to use "Intersperse" in context?

Interstice is the space that exists between two points in a repeating pattern. It occurs when the lines that divide an object are not perpendicular to each other. Interstices can be found in many places in an object, including the spaces between molecules, between crystals, and between bands in a metal. The SiO2 molecules in glass are arranged in a hexagonal pattern, and each SiO2 molecule is bonded to six others. The vacancies between the SiO2 molecules are called interstices. When the glass is heated, the molecules move and the interstices spread. This process creates the beautiful swirling patterns we see in glass.

Hypernym for Intersperse:

Hyponym for Intersperse:

Word of the Day