What is another word for chesterfield?

341 synonyms found


[ t͡ʃˈɛstəfˌiːld], [ t‍ʃˈɛstəfˌiːld], [ tʃ_ˈɛ_s_t_ə_f_ˌiː_l_d]

Chesterfield is a British term that refers to a large, upholstered sofa with rolled arms and deep button tufting. However, depending on where you are from, you may have heard of different words for this type of furniture piece. In some regions of the UK, a Chesterfield may be called a "settee," while in North America, it may be referred to as a "couch" or "sofa." Other synonyms for Chesterfield include "davenport," "divan," and "chaise longue." No matter what you call it, the classic Chesterfield design remains a timeless piece of furniture that adds sophistication and elegance to any home.

Related words: chesterfield sofas, chesterfield sofa bed, chesterfield armchair, chesterfield fabric, chesterfield upholstery, chesterfield chair, modern chesterfield furniture, chesterfield sofa history

Related questions:

  • What is a chesterfield sofa?
  • How much is a chesterfield sofa?

    Synonyms for Chesterfield:

    How to use "Chesterfield" in context?

    Born in 1838, Charles chesterfield invented the Chesterfield furniture in 1869. The fur " Chesterfield " racehorse won the 1875 Epsom Derby.

    Chesterfield is synonymous with luxury, high quality, and durability in furniture. Chesterfield furniture is known for its intricate carvings, elegant curves, and distinctive style. Chesterfield pieces are typically at least 18 inches wide, making them perfect for large rooms. Chesterfield furniture is also known for its versatility - it can be used in a variety of settings, from a formal living space to a more casual bedroom.

    Word of the Day

    dicot, magnoliopsid, dicotyledon, Gymnosperms.