What is another word for flagging?

540 synonyms found


[ flˈaɡɪŋ], [ flˈaɡɪŋ], [ f_l_ˈa_ɡ_ɪ_ŋ]

Flagging is commonly used to describe a decrease or decline in something. However, there are several synonyms that can be used to express the same meaning. One of the most common synonyms is "waning," which means gradually becoming weaker or less significant. "Fading" is another synonym that denotes a decline or decrease, especially in intensity or vigor. "Slowing" is another term that can be used to describe something that is decreasing in activity, momentum, or energy. Additionally, "dwindling" can be used to describe something that is becoming smaller or less in number or quantity. Other possible synonyms include "drooping," "sagging," "ebb," and "flagging out".

Synonyms for Flagging:

How to use "Flagging" in context?

in the workplace

You may have seen the term "flagging" show up in your workplace. Flagging is when an employee stops working and either waves a hand or signals to indicate they can't continue working. It's a signal to the rest of the team that the employee needs assistance.

The purpose of flagging is to keep everyone working. If someone stops working, it can slow down the team and cause problems. By signaling to the team, the employee lets them know what's happening so that the team can help them.

There are different ways to do flagging. One way is to wave a hand.

Paraphrases for Flagging:

Paraphrases are highlighted according to their relevancy:
- highest relevancy
- medium relevancy
- lowest relevancy

Hyponym for Flagging:

Word of the Day

night raid
sortie, Storming.