What is another word for aculeate?

404 synonyms found


[ ɐkjˈʊliːt], [ ɐkjˈʊliːt], [ ɐ_k_j_ˈʊ_l_iː_t]

Aculeate is a word that refers to something being pointed or having a sharp, needle-like structure. If you're looking for synonyms for this term, you might consider words like spiny, prickly, barbed, or thorny, which all emphasize the pointed nature of the object in question. Other similar terms include jagged, serrated, and prickled, each of which also suggests a sharp, uneven surface. Finally, if you're looking for a more technical synonym, you might consider words like acicular or aciculate, which are both derived from the Latin acus (meaning "needle") and emphasize the sharp, slender nature of the object being described.

Synonyms for Aculeate:

How to use "Aculeate" in context?

The word "aculeate" is derived from the Greek word akuleos, meaning "toothbrushlike." Aculeates are characterized by having toothlike protrusions on the extremities of their flattened body. Aculeates are most commonly found in the Phylum Arthropoda, but can also be found in some Vertebrates.

Word of the Day

divider, segregator, Detailer, Divorcer, Estranger, Isolator, severer.