What is another word for rend?

763 synonyms found


[ ɹˈɛnd], [ ɹˈɛnd], [ ɹ_ˈɛ_n_d]

There are several synonyms for the word "rend," which means to tear something apart violently. These include "rip," "shred," "tear," "pull apart," "fracture," and "sever." Each of these words indicates a forceful separation of an object or material. For instance, "rip" and "tear" both suggest a sudden and swift movement that tears something from one end to another. On the other hand, "sever" and "fracture" indicate a more methodical separation, where it may take more effort to pull something apart. Overall, these synonyms for "rend" provide a range of ways to describe the forceful tearing of an object.

Related questions:

  • What is a rendezvous?
  • What does the french word for rendezvous mean?
  • How to say rendezvous in french?
  • How to say meet in french?
  • When is the french word for rendezvous?

    Synonyms for Rend:

    How to use "Rend" in context?

    The word "rend" has several origins. One theory is that it comes from a Dutch word meaning "to tear." The word may have originated as a way to describe the sound a falcon makes when it catches its prey. Another theory suggests that it comes from the Old English word "hring," which referred to a type of sword.

    Word of the Day

    dumpy, retrousse, blocky, chubby, podgy, pudgy, pug, retrousse, snub-nosed, squatty.