What is another word for A-LINE?

Pronunciation: [ˈe͡ɪlˈa͡ɪn] (IPA)

The word "A-line" is often used to describe a type of skirt or dress that is narrower at the waist and flares gradually towards the hem, resembling the shape of the letter "A". However, there are other synonyms that can describe this type of garment, including flared, tapered, swing, or fit-and-flare. These words can all be used to convey a similar idea of a piece of clothing that has a fitted waist and a gradually widening silhouette. Other related terms might include full, pleated, or gathered, which describe skirts and dresses that have more volume and movement than a straight, pencil-shaped design.

Synonyms for A-line:

What are the hypernyms for A-line?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

hypergeometric series
A hypergeometric series is a type of mathematical series that has a specific form and is found to be useful in a variety of mathematical applications. There are several synonyms fo...