What is another word for cloudburst?

548 synonyms found


[ klˈa͡ʊdbɜːst], [ klˈa‍ʊdbɜːst], [ k_l_ˈaʊ_d_b_ɜː_s_t]

Synonyms for Cloudburst:

How to use "Cloudburst" in context?

Most people are familiar with thunderstorms, those intense rain and thunder strikes that often damage property and can strand motorists in their cars. Less known is the phenomenon called a cloudburst, which is a thunderstorm in which rain falls in droplets rather than raindrops. Cloudbursts are more common in the Western United States, but they also occur in parts of the Eastern U.S. and in Canada. In most cases, though, cloudburst rains are less intense than thunderstorm rains.

Word of the Day