What is another word for conflate?

591 synonyms found


[ kənflˈe͡ɪt], [ kənflˈe‍ɪt], [ k_ə_n_f_l_ˈeɪ_t]

When we use the word "conflate," we generally mean to mix or combine two or more ideas, concepts, or objects into one. However, if you're tired of using the same word repeatedly, there are several synonyms you can also use. For instance, you can opt for the word "blend," which has a similar connotation. "Fuse" is also a great alternative that implies two things are brought together harmoniously. "Integrate" could be another synonym that signifies two things have been harmoniously combined. Additionally, you can use "mingling," "synthesizing," or "merging" as other possible synonyms to convey the idea of combining two or more things.

Synonyms for Conflate:

How to use "Conflate" in context?

The verb "conflate" means to associate together or to cause to be associated. This can be done accidentally or on purpose. Associating objects, ideas, or people can have a negative or positive effect depending on the context. When conforming to societal norms, for example, it can be seen as a positive action. However, when conforming to an individual's personal preferences or biases, it can be seen as a negative act.

One example of how connotations can change based on the context is in the use of the word "conflict.

Word of the Day