What is another word for Nubble?

Pronunciation: [nˈʌbə͡l] (IPA)

The word "nubble" is an unusual term that describes a small, rounded knob or protuberance. Some synonyms for this word include bump, knob, protuberance, lump, projection, node, and nub. These words are often used to describe small, rounded objects that protrude slightly, such as a nub of a pencil or the bump of a button. The word "nubble" can be used to describe a variety of objects, including rock formations, natural landmarks, or even small animals. No matter the context, these synonyms accurately capture the idea of a small and distinct protrusion.

Synonyms for Nubble:

What are the hypernyms for Nubble?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Nubble

A round Nubble about 14 mile in diameter, of sharp, rocky bottom having about 40 fathoms over it.
"Fishing Grounds of the Gulf of Maine"
Walter H. Rich
There, below me, looking as if it had floated off from the main, was the barren rock called the Nubble, the farthest land in this direction, with Cape Neddoek harbor in full view.
"Nooks and Corners of the New England Coast"
Samuel Adams Drake
And noo I am thinking ye'll een let the puir mon in the dock just gae free; and pit my laird, his greece, the Nubble duk', intil the prisoner's place.
"The Lost Lady of Lone"
E.D.E.N. Southworth

Related words: Nubble, tower, and flat

Related questions:

  • What does "nubble" mean?
  • Word of the Day

    chucker-out, bouncer.