What is another word for crosspiece?

832 synonyms found


[ kɹˈɒspiːs], [ kɹˈɒspiːs], [ k_ɹ_ˈɒ_s_p_iː_s]

Crosspiece is a term used to describe a horizontal bar or beam that joins the arms of a structure together. However, there are many other words that can be used to describe a crosspiece. Some synonyms of crosspiece include transom, lintel, beam, girder, joist, rafter, and support. Each of these terms can be used to describe a horizontal structure that provides support or holds something up. Whether you're a builder or simply looking for alternative ways to describe a crosspiece, these synonyms can come in handy. So, next time you need to describe a crosspiece, consider using one of these synonyms to add variety to your language.

Synonyms for Crosspiece:

How to use "Crosspiece" in context?

A crosspiece is a piece of furniture that is used to support a crossbeam or a beam in a roof or ceiling. They are also used in floor joists to support a deck or sloping roof.

Hyponym for Crosspiece:

Word of the Day

aquiline, arced, arching, arciform, arcuate, bicornate, bicorne, bicorned, bicornuate, bicornuous.