What is another word for Retrocede?

Pronunciation: [ɹˌɛtɹə͡ʊsˈiːd] (IPA)

Retrocede is a verb that means to move back or retreat. However, there are many other words that can be used to express similar meanings. Some possible synonyms for retrocede include withdraw, recede, retreat, backpedal, backtrack, regress, revert, yield ground, and surrender. Each of these words conveys the idea of a movement away from a previously held position or an attempt to go back to a previous state. By using synonyms like these, writers and speakers can express their ideas in a more nuanced and precise way, and avoid repetition that might otherwise make their writing or speech seem dull and monotonous.

Synonyms for Retrocede:

What are the hypernyms for Retrocede?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Nonsaline refers to something that is not saline or does not contain salt. Hence, antonyms for this word can be "saline", "salty", or "briny". A saline solution is a solution conta...