What is another word for blow over?

1801 synonyms found


[ blˈə͡ʊ ˈə͡ʊvə], [ blˈə‍ʊ ˈə‍ʊvə], [ b_l_ˈəʊ ˈəʊ_v_ə]

Blow over is a phrasal verb that means to pass, disappear, or come to an end. There are several synonyms for this term that can be used interchangeably depending on the context. For instance, to blow away means to be carried away by the wind, and to dissipate or disappear altogether, which can be used in place of blow over. To fizzle out also means to come to an end gradually, especially after losing momentum or interest. Another synonym for blow over is to die down, which refers to a situation that becomes less intense, ends, or ceases altogether. Finally, to subside is another synonym for blow over, which means to become less severe or intense and eventually come to an end.

Synonyms for Blow over:

How to use "Blow over" in context?

Blow over is defined as a situation in which something liquid bursts through a crack or opening in its surface. This usually occurs when some object, such as a pot, is overfilled with water or other liquid, and the pressure from the liquid causes it to rupture. In extreme cases, the liquid can even break through the object's surface and flood the surrounding area.

Word of the Day

without fear or favour