What is another word for in creases?

1104 synonyms found


[ ɪn kɹˈiːsɪz], [ ɪn kɹˈiːsɪz], [ ɪ_n k_ɹ_ˈiː_s_ɪ_z]

The phrase "in creases" means to have lines or wrinkles on a surface, typically on fabric or paper. Synonyms for "in creases" include "folds," "wrinkles," "crumples," "creases," "pleats," "rumples," "puckers," "ridges," "waves," "corrugations," and "crinkles." These words can convey various degrees and types of wrinkling depending on the context. For example, "pleats" and "creases" suggest intentional and neat folding, while "rumples" and "crumples" imply a messier or more spontaneous wrinkling. "Wave" and "ridge" may refer to a more irregular or organic pattern of creasing, while "corrugation" suggests a ridged or grooved texture.

Synonyms for In creases:

What are the hypernyms for In creases?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the opposite words for in creases?

The term "in creases" refers to the ridges and folds on a surface. Its antonyms, on the other hand, describe flatness and smoothness. Words such as "flat", "level", "smooth", "even", and "plain" are all antonyms of "in creases". These words are often used to describe surfaces that are opposite to the crumpled and folded texture of creases. While creases may be desirable in some materials like fabric, it is often unwanted on other surfaces like paper, skin or woodworking. Antonyms of "in creases" may feature in the process of ironing, sanding or polishing surfaces to achieve their smooth texture.

What are the antonyms for In creases?

Word of the Day

Vanillic Acid
Vanillic acid, a chemical compound derived from vanillin, is a versatile ingredient found in various industries. Known for its distinct aroma and taste, vanillic acid is often used...