What is another word for commove?

Pronunciation: [kəmˈuːv] (IPA)

Commove is a word that means to deeply affect or stir up one's emotions. Some synonyms for the word commove are upset, agitate, disconcert, perturb, and ruffle. These words all suggest a state of emotional upheaval, whether it be anger, fear, or confusion. Other synonyms for commove include fluster, unsettle, and discomfit, which indicate a feeling of being uneasy or uncomfortable. This word is often used in reference to situations or events that cause a significant emotional response, such as a tragic news story or a major life change. Whether happy or sad, when one is commoved, it is a powerful and poignant experience.

Synonyms for Commove:

What are the hypernyms for Commove?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the opposite words for commove?

The term 'commove' refers to the action of stirring up, agitating or unsettling something or someone. The antonyms for this term include terms like soothe, calm, settle, pacify and tranquilize. Soothe means to comfort or ease someone's distress; calm means to make quiet or peaceful; settle means to balance or resolve something; pacify means to calm or appease, and tranquilize means to make someone calm or sleep through the use of medication. These antonyms denote the opposite of what 'commove' implies, and they are useful in conveying a sense of peace, calmness, and tranquility in different situations.

What are the antonyms for Commove?

Word of the Day

hypergeometric series
A hypergeometric series is a type of mathematical series that has a specific form and is found to be useful in a variety of mathematical applications. There are several synonyms fo...