What is another word for convulse?

2470 synonyms found


[ kənvˈʌls], [ kənvˈʌls], [ k_ə_n_v_ˈʌ_l_s]

Convulse is a powerful verb that is often used to describe involuntary and intense shaking or muscle contractions. Synonyms for convulse include quiver, shudder, spasm, jerk, and tremble. These words can be used interchangeably to describe different types of convulsions. For example, a quiver might suggest a slight and quick shaking, while a spasm can imply a longer and more intense episode. A tremble might refer to a more rhythmic shaking accompanied by a sense of fear or vulnerability. Regardless of the synonym used, the main idea conveyed is an uncontrollable and often frightening physical reaction to a stimulus.

Synonyms for Convulse:

How to use "Convulse" in context?

When someone has a convulse, their body becomes involuntarily contracted, tense, and rhythmic. This can manifest itself in a number of ways, including a change in heart rate, a jerking of the entire body, and a loss of muscle control. Convulsions can be dangerous and fleeting, but can also be a sign of a more serious problem. If you or someone you know is experiencing a convulsion, get medical help immediately.

Word of the Day